Friday, June 7, 2019

Baby Things


A long time ago, last year some time, I decided I'd use my scraps for a disappearing nine patch quilt.  By the time I had twenty or so blocks finished, I was done with it.  And so, fits and starts later, I will actually have a baby quilt to turn in this month.  It is ridiculously scrappy.

Also, baby wise, a mom wanted her daughter's name on some onsies.  That made a nice break with what I've been doing.  The whole trick to these tiny shirts is to turn them inside out, hoop just the stabilizer, and use temporary basting spray to hold stabilizer and shirts together.  Placement isn't a problem, just mark the centers on the stabilizer and the shirts.  These little jobs do require babysitting the embroidery to be sure the shirt stays in place and a little sleeve doesn't flop over on the embroidery surface.


And, two of my friends have had babies this week, so a little baby shopping is in order.  For boys.  

No comments: