Thursday, August 23, 2018

Patriotic Trivet

.

Anita Goodesign Patriotic Trivet.  Taken on my car seat on the way to work.  It really is square in real life.

I figured I owed my boss this completed project.  I started it at work and it was just one of those projects where I didn't do things right.  The red fabric looked red at home, but under the fluorescents it was a pink red.  I figured that would be ok.  The stabilizer was at the end of the tube and it had a rip about an inch long.  I figured that would be ok, but the design is dense and the stabilizer pulled.  Still, I kept on.  I didn't get one of the corners right.  Still kept going.  There were a couple other things.

I didn't get quite finished and went back the next morning to do three remaining stars.  But I didn't line it up right and the stars weren't in their right place.  At that point I gave in and decided that since I'd spent several work hours with nothing to show I could at least redo it at home so I'd feel better about it.  And I do feel better.  It really is a great project

Don't be me.  Don't be so stubborn.  If something isn't going right and you know that, just stop.

I was picking up some sewing at a tiny town this morning and stopped at their dairy bar for a strawberry soft serve.  It was so good, and it didn't hurt that the day was gorgeous and I had my choice of all the picnic tables since it was early in dairy bar time.  When I remember this day, I'll remember that strawberry ice cream cone at 11:00 a.m under a big tree.  Not the cleaning I did or the errands I ran or the two loads of laundry or my exercise.  Nope, it will be that strawberry cone.   

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Well, you learned two good lessons this week.
Stop when things aren't going right--start over.
And no one ever wished they had eaten LESS ice cream at the end of their life.

That Strawberry Cone sounds delicious. I wish we had someplace that made strawberry soft serve.