Friday, March 30, 2012

Replaced

Since before Christmas, this little quilt has been hanging in my kitchen. It didn't bother me too much because it doesn't scream "Christmas" but it bothered me enough. Now it's down, replaced by the quilt made from the kit purchased at Victorian Quilt Shop.


It seems that the pattern had "picnic" in its title, although I could be wrong about that since it was probably purchased ten years ago. I do wish I had turned the borders on the top and bottom with the stripes up and down, but if I had, I might be wishing that I'd turned them just this way.


I can remember taking Nora to Victorian Quilt Shop and letting her pick out a couple of fat quarters - she probably was around three. And I can remember taking Aaron there in the stroller when he was a tiny babe. By then they were at the final Beechmont location and I could walk from Steph's house.

I remember thinking that I would take them many times in the future and that they would learn about quilting. "Many times in the future" didn't come to be, but they have both made their own little quilts.

No comments: