Monday, March 26, 2012

Four Tiny Projects

One of my goals for this month was to make four tiny sewing projects in what I call the "practical art" category. Potholder, iPhone bag, needle holder, glasses case. What I learned: if you absolutely don't like something, keep going until you like it, learned with the potholder. I liked the linen/cotton combination, hated the machine embroidery. One I realized I could add the strips, I was happy.

What I also learned: just because the basic directions suggest doing it one way, it doesn't mean you have to do it that way. Add a buttonhole or interfacing or a different kind of pocket. I need to give myself a little credit for the things that I know, consider directions as guidelines only.


I'm wondering whether my seed order will come today. If it does, then it will be officially time to turn some energy to outside projects, including some landscaping. It was the right thing to do to pull out the ugly bushes in December, but now I need to decide what to plant instead. I have new shelves to put up for the grow light system, and I'm thinking hard about a nice timer to go with it.


And those bags of top soil - I wonder how many will go in my car. No more pulling up with the old truck and asking for twenty bags.


No comments: