Saturday, March 10, 2012

Extra Curls

I've been waiting for the electrician to come to give me an estimate for some things for quite awhile now. He's retired, lives in the neighborhood, and works on the side. I'm obviously not high on his list.

One thing that was high on my list was extra lighting for the upstairs studio and office. I have flush-mount fixtures, and that's probably what I need to continue with because the ceiling isn't all that high and I don't want to deal with holes in the ceiling. I was hopeful that the electrician might know of two-bulb fixtures in the same square configuration. There is plenty of room for another bulb.

I had the equalivalant of a 100-watt compact fluorescents but they kind of got swallowed up in the large rooms. Then one day this week I spotted 150-watt CF bulbs at Target, . . .hmmm. Turns out that they works great, so much more light, there is room to spare for the large bulbs, and they are still only 42 watts. True, the bulbs cost $13 each, but that's minimal compared to the cost of the electrician and new fixtures. And it looks like there may be even higher-wattage bulbs available online.

Sometimes procrastination works out well. And now, I'm considering, maybe one of the other jobs on my list is one I can do myself.

Don't forget to spring forward tonight.

No comments: