Thursday, November 3, 2022

I Didn't Need This


I so didn't need this vintage class 21 Husqvarna Viking sewing machine.

I'd sort of had my eye out for one of the little green Elna grasshopper machines, but this one is better for me.  It fits right in with my other Vikings.

It sews perfectly, seventy years after it was made.  It has many of the same features as the machines today, just without the touch screen.

Will I sew with it?  Probably not often, but I'll still love it.  I'd like to think I am one of those quilters who peacefully sews quilts on a vintage machine, but I'm not that peaceful.

Cost was $50, but it came with an unopened package of green Viking bobbins (which it doesn't use but my newer machines do) so I'm calling it $40.  I think it was a bargain.










1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I would have bought it, (too).......I love the elegant profile.
Who cares if it gets used or not but I bet sewing little squares to one another would make it very very happy. And You. I have sewing machines in the Attic. An old Singer. An Elaborate machine with so many buttons and things I would never use. Machines used and loved by women I loved. Who are dead.