Sunday, July 3, 2022

Glorious Squash

 


The squash plant in the newly cleared off bed in the back yard is just glorious.  Other years the bed had a few overgrown herbs and quite a few weeds.  Something in the soil and the all-day full sun must be just what this plant needed.  That and Miracle Grow.  The plant is enormous.

There are a few squash plants in my front yard bed, but they aren't huge like this one.  Less sun, for one thing.  They still have blossoms, however.  

There was a quick trip to Detroit on Friday for my husband's brother's visitation.  Uncle Don was 93.  Steph and I took a side trip to find the Garden City house where we lived when she and Sarah were born.  We found that, no problem.

Not as much luck, though, in finding the house where my husband's parents spent their summers.  We found the neighborhood and it was much like I remembered.  I couldn't remember the name of the street.

It's a little late, but I want to find the pretty 4th of July table topper that I made years ago.  Really, I'd like to make another like it, and it would be so easy now with mini charm packs.  Whick are 25% off this weekend at my favorite quilt shop.


No comments: