Saturday, April 2, 2022

Again

 


Second week of the Moda Blockheads quilt block.  Second week with an oops.

And not only that, but my seams were way off and the block was too small.  It seemed like it should be machine error, but it's never machine error.  After puzzling on it, I know what went wrong, and it was an early morning stupid thing.  At least I hope that's what it was and not an old person stupid thing.

To make it worse, many people have been posting pictures of their wonderfully finished blocks,  

About a year ago I decided that I want to go from art quilting to precision piecing, and here I am.  Still messing up, still learning a lot.  Who knew that people starch their fabrics for making the cuts perfect and the seams flat?  Did I really want to know this?

I took everything apart and started again.  I hope it's right this time.  Both weeks' blocks are the same size now, so there's that.



1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I was always into STARCH. Love the way it makes the cloth more like paper.
I would have left the mistakes.