Thursday, April 7, 2022

Blockheads 4, Block 3

 


Moda Blockheads 4, block 3.  I think everything is in the right direction, and the size is correct.  

Some overachievers are making these 9" blocks and then making a second 4 1/2" block.  I can't even.  Maybe next time.

Some people are just nice gift givers.  Today I got an unexpected little bag with fair trade coffee and homemade strawberry jam.  For a favor given, which I was happy to do.

Does anyone make new recipes from magazines or new cookbooks?  Last night I tried a side dish with artichokes and spinach and alfredo sauce.  I used a lot of pans, spent a lot of time, and I don't think I like the finished result.

I cut down on the amount of garlic by about 1/4, less than 1 clove, and it still had too much garlic for me.  After a couple of different tries, I think I'll just go back to using powdered garlic or skipping it all together.  But I do enjoy trying new recipes.  And a few are keepers.  

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I love this block--so so much. As soon as the screen came up I was all Oh my goodness!!!!

Recipes. I hate garlic and if I use it- just a dry sprinkle from the jar.
Recipes- I look at so many- but so many of the recipes use ingredients I just don't buy or eat.
I tend to like things with five or less items listed.

I make spaghetti sauce with an onion, tomatoes and maybe a diced carrot ( just to add vegetables.)
I make steamed rice and add butter and frozen peas or corn at the end.
I like artichokes all by themselves, steamed with melted butter.

Angie said...

I do enjoy cooking---when I'm in the mood---and I often try new recipes from cookbooks, magazines, online, etc. Not gourmet but yes, I do like trying new recipes. I just mixed up a new turkey meatloaf recipe for my neighbor. She has been working long hours, coming home late, lives alone so not cooking when she gets in. The meatloaf was recently dropped off by some friends for my BIL and he shared with me. Delicious so I asked for the recipe. Just making it myself for the first time today. I hope my neighbor likes it as much as I do.