Thursday, April 28, 2022

Blockheads Six

 


I really only meant to cut out the fabrics for this block this morning, but once I was started . . . I just kept going.  The block is supposed to have a spinning effect, but I'm not sure mine does.  It's ok, I like it anyway and it fits in nicely with the others.

I can tell that going forward I'll be starching the piecing fabrics.  The goal was to be more precise, and this is such a big step toward that.  The extra time is worth it.

There is a robin nest on the outside window sill of one of the kitchen windows.  It got bigger and more filled in day by day, and now there are two little blue eggs.  I try to resist peeking, I don't want to startle mama if she is there, but it's hard - I just want to look.

Yesterday I seeded some Bells of Ireland peat pots.  My mother had the best Bells of Ireland, year after year, and she used them in her bouquets for the flower show.  I've never had any luck with them, but just want to keep trying.  They are slow to germinate, fingers crossed.

Are there garden clubs and flower shows any more?  These were a happy part of my mother's life.



No comments: