Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January Baby Quilt



I know it's February, but I'm happy to have finished this January donation baby quilt, two days in.

Winter weather is expected to show up early tomorrow morning, when today's rain turns to ice and sleet, probably with snow following. 

I spent an hour and a half this morning waiting for my grocery pick-up order.  I thought I was well-prepared, but my neighbor had a death in her family and I want to make some food for her family.

There was just one person bringing out groceries.  I tried to give him a tip, but he refused, saying, "It's my pleasure."  And when I thanked him for bringing out groceries in the rain on a busy day he repeated with a smile that it was his pleasure.  Somewhere in that young man's background was someone instilling in him the value of manners.

I parked my car out front, wondering how long it would be before I drove it again.  But then I got an email from the library saying that one of my books on hold was ready.  I think I'll go out again.


No comments: