Sunday, June 27, 2021

Not Over Yet

 

Covid is not over yet, but it felt like time to replace the green bulb in my porch light.  Our Kentucky governor asked us to light up our spaces green in support of the families who lost folks because of the illness.  Several of my neighbors did that.

Yesterday there were five reported deaths in Kentucky, although sometimes the reports of deaths come after review of the records.  I think my state has done a good job of checking and rechecking, both to make sure that deaths weren't due to other causes and that deaths attributed to other causes were actually because of Covid.  Enough of that.  What a long haul it's been and still is.

Families, I'm still thinking of you.  And I'm thinking today of the families of those 156 people still unaccounted for in the Florida condo building.  I'm hoping that some of the 156 are on vacation in Vermont or Colorado or somewhere else.  Who maybe have a summer home and are residing peacefully there.

Some day soon, any day now, I'll have my front yard garden planted.  Enough will be enough.  It's time now to start using some Miracle Grow to get those plants looking really healthy and well fed.  To pull a few more weeds every day.


No comments: