Saturday, June 19, 2021

Tough Pet Week

 This has been a hard week for family pets.


Maggie (in Ohio) had a couple of touch-and-go days with an abdominal infection following a surgery last week.  She lived to tell the tale and also had a second, and successful, surgery.  She earned herself this fancy cone.


Milo in North Carolina had three days of radiation.  He had a surgery to remove an eye earlier this month but he remains handsome as ever, as you can see.  He earned this kerchief.


Kyrie in Pennsylvania, so beautiful and much loved, was hit by a car in the street and didn't make it.  She was afraid of cars so her people don't know why she was in the street.

And Cookie, the beta from North Carolina, also died this week.  I don't have a picture of her.  She was such an interactive fish and nicely cared for, with special water and food.

Hard to believe that all this happened in the same week.  My daughters and niece love their pets and care for them so well.  


1 comment:

Angie said...

This tears at my heart. I love my pets so deeply, and I know the pain and anguish they are feeling. So joyous over the ones that have survived their trials this week. I had 2 kittens dropped off at my house a couple of weeks ago...humans...I have been totally preoccupied with trying to get both myself and Marlee adjusted to these little heartbeats in our space.