Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Leopards



Before Ginny died in the fall, she put the borders on this leopard panel and sandwiched it to the batting and backing.  Her daughter asked if someone could finish it as a donation quilt and that someone was me.

Ginny was a lover of Australian fabrics and the fabric I used for the binding was one of her Australian fabrics.  So maybe the panel, backing, and sashings were too.  They all seem to go together.  

After washing, the quilt came out lovely and soft, despite all the quilting.  It made me wish again that I could safely wash the Stars for Dad quilt without fear of the red running.  I could try using one of the commercial color catchers in the wash.  I'll think about that.  If you have any experience with them, let me know.

My next fabric package for the My Favorite Color is Moda block of the month is at the quilt shop and I'll pick it up tomorrow.  The directions look like lovely squares and rectangles this time, not a half square triangle in sight.



1 comment:

Joanne S said...

A very wet Q-tip rubbed on the red will give you an idea of how much it will bleed.
Then you can decide if you want to wash it.