Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Zipper


I'm coming to the end of an ambitious outdoor cushion project.  (And no, I don't want any more cushion jobs, please don't ask.)  For this project, I'm taking out the zippers on the previous cushion covers and reusing them while using the fabric pieces as a pattern.

I have to admit that I wasn't paying attention, listening to the Reds game, while I took this zipper out.  On the previous six cushions there was a fabric stop, like in the picture above, at each end of the zipper.  On this cushion there wasn't one at one end and I heard a clunk as the zipper slider slid off and on to the floor.

This was not a happy sound.  I wasn't able to find internet instructions for this kind of zipper trauma, but I was able to learn enough to get that slider back on.  I'll lose about an inch of zipper but no one will ever know that.  The new zipper is in place and you'd better believe there are fabric stops at each end.

You may be thinking that if this is the excitement at my house then it must be pretty boring.  You'd be right.  I keep thinking that if (when) I get these cushions finished I can go on to more creative projects.  

No comments: