Monday, July 20, 2020

Iron


Yes, it's an iron.  And yesterday when I plugged it in, it just didn't work.  No little light, no heat.

Those of us who quilt use an iron a lot.  And we burn through irons a lot.  This one lasted probably three years, which is a pretty good run.

I've learned that it doesn't seem to make a difference how expensive the iron is, the longevity is still about the same.  I've learned that the dollar store is a good source.  But, I've also been reading that dollar stores aren't good about enforcing mask requirements, so my new one will be coming tomorrow from Amazon.

The new one checks all my boxes - auto shut off, non-stick sole plate, steam (although I rarely use steam.)  I had a moment when I seriously considered one of the fancy Oslio irons with the little legs that come out when the iron is set down.  It was only a moment, though.

Maybe tomorrow my replacement order of mask elastic will come too.  The first order seems to have disappeared while out for delivery in a town south of here, way too far away to be my delivery truck.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: