Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday Ramblings


Nora has a dance coming up, the end of eighth grade.  Her mom took her to get her brows done and they got mascara and lipstick.  Brow gel.  And she looks lovely.  

I'm glad there isn't such a thing as eye gel in my minimal make-up bag, but I do enjoy seeing it on some people.  For me, it would be just one more thing.  I did have my brows done once but the beautician ended up taking off the make-up.  It just didn't look right on my face.  I would have scrubbed it off at home anyway.

Last week was a strange week.  Retreat Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  I consider myself so lucky to have that group of women.  It's a treat to eat meals with others, to have casual conversations, to focus on sewing.  Over the weekend I had some kind of stomach virus but that has come and gone, as it should.  I read scripture at church yesterday.  Matthew 28:  16 - 20.  An easy read, no hard words.

I still have a sewing bag in my car.  I need to bring that in.  And the sewing machine.  Last time I never brought it in, just left it.  Maybe I'll do that again.  I definitely need to do some strength training.  

Maybe this afternoon I'll work in the garden beds.  Weeding.  With my little stool.  Oh, and grocery shopping.  I am out of so many things.  Including Diet Coke.  That will get me to the store.

No comments: