Saturday, April 20, 2019

Shopping


Yesterday Nora and I went shopping at the big Cincinnati mall for a dress for her dance and another one less dressy.  We had no luck, all the fancy dresses were either long or very short, and we didn't find a regular dress either.  So, we did the honorable thing and I bought her a pair of checkered Vans.  And an identical pair for her Aunt Sarah's birthday in May.  And yes, Aunt Sarah knows and approves.

It rained like crazy, coming and going.  Very foggy.  We were also tasked with finding some black sort-of-dressy shoes and we started back across town for that.  We found no shoes at a couple of stores and were on the way to another when we spotted Plato's Closet, which is a resale store for young women.  No dresses there either, but we did spot these sandals.  Exactly what she was looking for.  $6.


With a pretty pedicure, she'll be all set, shoe-wise.  And I think her mom has found dresses online.

Today, I've been good for nothing.  I got groceries very early in the morning and still have some in my car.  I tried a Target run this afternoon for Easter goodies, but the parking lot looked like Christmas, plus, and I went on my way.  Any minute now, I do need to cook a couple of things for Easter dinner or I won't like myself in the morning.

No comments: