Monday, September 3, 2018

Somebody Else's Scraps


A couple of weeks ago some quilting friends and I went to Quilters Garden in Lawrenceburg, Inidiana.  It was my first time visiting that quilt shop and I liked it a lot.  If you're local and like to quilt, you should definitely go.

A fun feature is their little scrap bags, kraft paper lunch-size bags with mystery scraps.  They are $5 each or free with a $50 purchase.  Most of us spent at least $50 that day, including me.

My bag had scrap sets and some pieced strips, with matching gold, green, and tan yardage scraps.  Adding the blue and red, I came up with this baby quilt.

I really planned to use my sit-down quilter,which needs some use, but the modern look of this little quilt asked for walking foot quilting.  So be it.

Somebody else's scraps are always better.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Connie Goes Modern. Love the quilt!!!
I have been thinking of trying Modern myself. We'll call it Fossils Go Modern.