Friday, September 28, 2018

Baby Blanket


Ziggy Lamb by Shannon Fabrics

This baby blanket came in a kit with pieces of fabric and a picture of the lamb to trace.  Pink Minky fabric with dots for the backing.  The top background was in two pieces, the solid pink and the chevron fabric to cut and applique.

One of my friends makes the most wonderful baby things with Minke and fleece but I'd never really tried.  The directions warned about paying attention to the fabric nap, which made me a little apprehensive but, really, it was easy to figure out.  A walking foot is pretty essential to keep things from slipping.  I took out my bobbin case at the end of the project, and sure enough, there was a LOT of stuff underneath.

The only thing I'd change is putting on a cotton binding, I wasn't a fan of trying to bind with fleece.  I think my friend uses a pillowcase finish with top stitching, but I do love a binding.  Oh, and I'd probably make the name larger.  

The blanket is ever so cuddly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really cute. I love the fact that I’ve never seen something adorable like that before.

Thanks!
embroidery patches custom
cute Back patches