Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Half Square Triangle Baby Quilt


A member of the baby quilt group gave everyone fabric and instructions for making a half square triangle quilt.  This was probably, oh, maybe late last fall.

The instructions for making the little half square triangle squares were for making eighteen at a time, and sewing them was a breeze.  That took about five minutes.  So easy.

But, squaring all those little blocks took a much longer time.  I got bogged down, especially because I squared two sets in slightly different sizes than the first two I'd made and I didn't realize that until I had sewed the larger blocks.  At that point, the project languished on my sewing room floor.

I am in the mood to work on UFO's and decided that this just needed to be done.  It wasn't going to be perfect because of my squaring error but with all those triangles the error wasn't going to be all that visible anyway.  And it isn't, and now the quilt is finished and I have a blank spot on my floor.

Starting yesterday morning, the server for my college email must have gone down.  I noticed when I took the picture of this quilt and emailed it to myself and it never arrived on my open email.  And soon, email wasn't accessible.  I really, really missed that connection and was so happy when I could access it again a few minutes ago.  Thanks to those who worked on it, whoever you are.

No comments: