Thursday, June 28, 2018

Moving On Down


Warm weather sewing in my dining room just wasn't a good idea for me.  Things always looked cluttered, and cluttered isn't good for my spirit.  And there wasn't an eating area, since my kitchen isn't big enough for that.

I would have said that there wasn't space in the spare bedroom for sewing, but I might have been wrong.  We'll see.  I like the idea that the bed can double as a design wall, something I was missing in the dining room.  There are outlets here in just the right place.  And I enjoy having a window in front of me, even if it's just looking at my neighbor's house.  I am hopeful.

Thanks for Joanne's recommendation, I am gobbling up every Nancy Thayer book I can find.  Light, beachy reads.  Nothing dark.

I missed my high school reunion last weekend and enjoyed seeing the picture.  Everyone looks so young, still.



 




1 comment:

Joanne S said...

That looks like a wonderful space for sewing--my space looks much like this only I don't have a bed to use as a design wall and a staging area for the pieces being sewn together. Mine overlooks the front yard and street so I can watch either birds in the trees or the neighbors going in and out.