Thursday, March 1, 2018

Station 10


My church is displaying some simple Stations of the Cross for Lent and I agreed to do Station 10 (Jesus is crucified) and Station 11 (Jesus promises his kingdom to the Good Thief.)  I understand that these are a bit different from the traditional Catholic stations.   

This is my Station 10, with ripped pieces of grey/black fabric for the background, the cross with needles to represent nails, and a piece of white fabric to represent Jesus' clothing.  

It's March now.  The rain continues but the river is on its way down.  Onions and chives are poking up in the beds.  I am eager to cut down the ornamental grasses and start again.  To have prettiness in the beds again.  Something different every week.

And, I am eager to walk on the riverfront.  To see the lights on Riverfront Stadium.  First, though, there will be lots of good basketball.     

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Very nice cross for Station 10.