Thursday, March 29, 2018

Moving On


Finally, yesterday, I spent the day starting to work on my sewing jobs.  And at the end of the day, it felt good.  Getting better.  I've had some kind of virus, I think.  I'd look at my blog and feel really bad about having the same picture.  Nothing new to say.  

Good Friday tomorrow.  My daughter was born on Good Friday, so it's a bonus birthday for us.  I made the birth announcements, flannel cut-outs of rabbits glued to construction paper.  Maybe some Easter grass.  There is probably one around here somewhere.

I remember being a bit jealous of my neighbors who had mothers who would come and help out for weeks.  Insisting that new moms couldn't go up and down stairs for four weeks or their insides would fall out.  I went downstairs to do laundry very carefully the first few times, just in case they were right.  No internet in those days to do a quick google to see if that was true.

By the time my second daughter was born, we lived in a different neighborhood with older two-story houses.  Moms went up and down stairs, and their were no protective grandmothers who helped for weeks.  Casseroles might come from neighbors.  Different perspective.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I had my baby. Husband brought us both home. went to work. Family was 800 miles away.
Just Baby and me and an old Dr Spock pamphlet. She was a super wonderful baby. I think that was
all that saved us from disaster. Oh, and the neighbor, our landlord, happened to see me on the front porch with baby--looked at her--said wow, real homely- and then walked away.