Friday, March 9, 2018

Off the Table


This little table topper makes me happy whenever I make it.  It's fun because it uses a charm pack, a sometimes irresistible package of 5" squares from one design collection.  You can use all those lovely designs and make something pretty other than a little quilt and know that it's going to look good.  Which Way by GE Designs.

I made the topper at a retreat months ago and it's been on my sewing machine table ever since, just hanging out and begging for the binding.  Which isn't even hard, even though it has all those turns.  Sometimes I just get overwhelmed or in a mood, or something has more priority.

I also finished a second God Bless America banner, since I had a good start from making a demonstrational hooping for the last class.  This one is primarily red, a departure from the more traditional red, white, and blue.  I just like red.  


By the way, the scorch marks on the first banner came out nicely with dabs of hydrogen peroxide, the 90% kind.  I had been using a lot of starch, so I don't know whether the results would be as good on unstarched fabric.

This morning, grocery shopping.  It just has to be.  If I wait until too late in the day, I just don't do it.  I'm looking forward to springing forward this weekend, when "late in the day" looks brighter.

No comments: