Saturday, March 10, 2018

Nightgown


Don't you love the pattern for this nightgown that I made for a friend?  In the shorter version, or even this version, it can be a nice tunic.  Very easy and fun to make, very clear directions.  Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic + Dress.  

Pizza at lunch at work today, my boss is great.  I was reminded of why that local pizza restaurant is one of my favorites.  There's just something about the locals.

Did I get groceries yesterday?  Well, no.  I was reminded of that when (1) I went to wash a load of clothes and had no detergent and (2) when I had nothing for dinner.  The nothing for dinner part was easy, tofu pad thai from the local Chinese carry-out.  No Tide yet.

The Chinese restaurant had a sign on the cash register saying, "No tipping, please."  I never quite know what to do about tipping when I pick up food.  Do I tip at the pizza pick-up window, for example, or when the pizza restaurant has a designated pick-up area?  Definitely, I think, when a server gets my order, but how much?  Help, please. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Often a restaurant will have that sign if they have included a percentage into the cost of the food you are buying. that way they can pay a regular wage to employees who might not get a tip from every customer.