Thursday, May 10, 2012

Time to Load It Up

This week I've been spending lots of hours outside and am happy to have my second raised bed in place.  My goal was to do it last month, but it's just as good this month.

And now, it's time to load up both the raised beds and the bed beside it.  I have a lovely rosemary plant from last year and I've put in a creeping rosemary and a parsley in the new bed.  My plans are to have flowers toward the street, veggies and herbs toward the back.  I need some more flowers in the "hill" bed too.  So much more yard work to do, but this is a good start.

I've been pretty quiet about my exercise program this year, but it's going pretty well.  My long-term goal is to climb Mt. LeConte in September without making a total fool of myself.  I exercise about 300 minutes a week, in various forms. 

But here's the thing:  despite all that, my legs are really sore today after putting up the raised bed yesterday and hauling and spreading the dirt.  You'd think that I would be past that, but I guess there are many kinds of muscles.

And one more bit of whining:  I have blisters on my palms, too.

No comments: