Monday, May 28, 2012

Hot Memorial Day

Not sure if I remember a hotter Memorial Day.  When I was in high school, I'd march with the band in the Memorial Day parade, ending up at the cemetery.  School was just out for the year and summer was just beginning.  We wore black bermuda shorts.  I'm just sure it was never this hot.  After the parade I'd listen to the Indianapolis 500.

I got some gardening done early today.  I decided, for no particular reason, that 90 minutes of gardening = 45 minutes of workout exercise.  Now that I've determined this, I'm sure my yard will look better in no time at all.  I planted everything I had to plant and loaded up at Lowe's for round two.  The smaller containers of Knock Out roses were reduced from $15 to $5, which made me happy, and I got two.  Lots of pink vincas, too, also on sale.

Thanks to my neighbors for the plate of pancakes, to Patti for the cookout, and to Steph and Mike for sharing the kids and their Slip 'n Slide. 

No comments: