Monday, April 16, 2012

Quilt Show in Pictures

Looking down at the vendor booths. Going up the escalator and looking down from above always lends a different perspective and helps me get away from the overwhelmed feeling that comes after an hour or so.

Although the lighting on the picture isn't good, I have to include a picture of Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists' Cincinnati Landmarks quilt. I kept coming back to it, standing back and watching people look at it. Forty-three members of the guild worked on it, a real collaboration.

Below is my friend Holly's quilt. Holly's quilt guild is Cincinnati Modern Quilters and they did variations of the Ohio Star for their display. I love her use of gray, would never have thought to do that.



My absolute favorite was the exhibit by Twelve by Twelve. Twelve women from over the world worked with a different theme every couple of months, working in a 12" x 12" format. I've seen pictures of the little quilts here and there and even have the book, but seeing the quilts in person was amazing.



I didn't realize there would be so many sets at the show. Some had a theme, some used a color. Below is a color group, either blue or purple. I think I could have studied this exhibit all day.





This year I really appreciated the concept of the tour busses and women coming from far and wide to spend several days. Next year, if I'm not working, I won't come from far and wide but I will spend several days. There were whole sections of quilts that I never even saw and lots more that I only glanced at. It would be fun to take a class too, just for that experience.


Just from my few hours at the show, I came home jazzed and energized. Happy to be a quilter.









No comments: