Thursday, April 12, 2012

Little Messenger Bag

You can get the instructions for this little Viking bag here. If you don't have an embroidery machine, just skip the embroidery part, which I did anyway.

What I love:
*The little owls. This is a chance to use those new duck fabrics that heavier than the basic cottons.
*The little touches of mini piping. The instructions call for lots more piping, but I like just a little. I don't have the mini piping foot, but the 2-3 mm embellishment foot works great for this.
*The way the bag handles slip into the bag. Pretty ingenious.

*The contrasting fabrics at the bottom and lining.
*The button and loop at the bottom (I added that.) Hint: add a small button under the larger one for space for the loop to slip under.

What I don't:
*All those little credit card pockets on the front. Twelve: crazy. Next time I'll just add a pocket or two inside.
*The little cell phone pocket on the back. Next time I'll just add a full pocket across the back instead.
*The lining doesn't tack down. I went across the piping one last time to pick up the lining and give it a little stability.

I'm pretty excited to make the changes and try this again.

No comments: