Friday, December 9, 2011

Musical Chairs

From Quilter's Playtime: Musical Chairs. Without giving away the directions from the book, it involves cutting several blocks and distributing the cut pieces.

One of my friends said that at first it looked like regular little squares to her, and with the Christmas fabric I've chosen, that's true. Still, I like the gentle flow of the patterns, not quite squares. enough patterns plus extras that it's not easy to pick up on the rhythm. I know I'll come back of these directions again.

It's cold in my house, almost winter now. I need to get out my flannel-lined and fleece-lined jeans. I'm trying to stick with the programmable thermostat settings I've had for the past few years, even though I was gone during the day then. We'll see how that goes.


In less than two weeks it's the Winter Solstice, and I love the concept of that moment in time when, in this hemisphere, we start going the other way, toward more daylight once again.

No comments: