Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Miss Nora

Miss Nora is seven today. Seven years ago I was sitting in Christ Hospital, rocking her and looking out the window at the snowflakes. Time stood still.

One of my retreat projects was making her this birthday jumper. I've always liked the granola kid look, but this is probably the last of this style jumper that I'll make for her. And that was made possible only by the peace signs and circles in the corduroy, giving it a little more grown up look. That, and the black dress boots that she'll wear with it. In the past, I used an Indygo Junction pattern, but this year I used McCalls 6387 because it came in a larger size.

First grade, and she's turned into such a girl since school started. I remember going to first grade and being much younger than she is, such a little kid. Well, except that I was a fat little kid.

No comments: