Sunday, April 10, 2011

Midwest International Quilt Festival

I went to the International Midwest Quilt Festival today - after all, it was in Cincinnati and I've been looking forward to it for months. I was glad I went by myself, since it's easy for me to get overwhelmed and I could set my own pace.
I would study some quilts, then head back around the perimeter, then check out some vendors.


My apologies to the artists that I don't have their names to go with their quilts. There were so many gorgeous ones, including two large exhibits by SAQA. No pictures to go with theirs, since they had a printed catalog and didn't allow photos.


Of course I loved this quilt, with a grandmother-type and a little girl with red hair and a little boy with sticking-up blond hair.

Shopping, just a little. I was happy to see a booth by Pro Chemical and got some paints and dyes. It was the first time I'd seen such a large retail selection. I got a pattern for a personal planner cover at another booth and that was it. I really have almost everything I need and don't find myself tempted by most commercial fabrics.


That doesn't mean that I'm not going to start a fund for next year's show, though. I'll be looking for those paints and dyes first thing.

No comments: