Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Banner

I won't be in church on Easter, so I need to hang a new worship banner after the service on Sunday. During Lent I hung a piece of beige linen to represent the sand found in the baptismal font of some churches throughout Lent. The sand is removed before the Easter vigil service and the water turned back on during the service. The banner I'm working on represents the water, blues and turquoise and green with yellow at the very top for sunlight. It's pieced with a backing, and how much quilting goes on it depends on how much energy I'll have tonight. As time gets short, I'm not even sure that it will have a binding. It will hang up and away so there won't be many close looks. The advantage of leaving it partly finished is that I can easily resize and redo it later for a different project. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

No comments: