Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Purple, Yum

A friend asked me to embroider some towels for his girlfriend - I think he's pretty smitten. He requested purple roses and script lettering with an outline color. It's a couple of weeks until Valentine's Day, but I knew he was eager to mail them off so they'd arrive on time. The dishtowel is a little bonus - I had to resize the designs and lettering and wanted to be sure they'd embroider out ok.

And more purple -

I need to hurry if I want to get any wear out of this scarf this winter. I got the luscious yarn at Knit On! in Newport in December. TOTALLY unlike me, I decided to go in and pick out any yarn I loved without looking at or asking about the price. I knew it could be price-y but decided that it was only one skein, how much could that be. Turned out that it was $30. Glad I didn't know ahead of time or I might have talked myself out of it.

I'm sure that people who knit all the time know all about this, but I was fascinated to watch the store person take the clump of yarn and wind it to make a pull skein. One of these days I'm going to take a knitting lesson or two. Scarves is about all I can do. I'm picturing granola-kid hats for the grandkids.

No comments: