Saturday, January 22, 2011

Never Worn Out


This morning I turned on my computer and saw that the temperature posted on the sidebar was 4 degrees. I felt very cold. Another glance later I saw that it's actually -4 degrees, and now I'm really cold.

One of my Christmas requests was a pair of red lined CROCS. Steph got me this beautiful pair in berry, since red was on back-order, better choice anyway. For a couple of weeks I stuck with my worn-out slippers but now the new CROCS are on my feet as soon as I get home.

I've been reading some posts about "saving things for good" instead of using them up, and I have to admit that's my first tendency. One writer mentioned a New Year's resolution of using up her art supplies. I'm not borrowing that resolution, but I am going to wear my pretty things and use my treasured supplies.

I wonder if somewhere there is a hypothetical pile of those things that were saved for good and never worn out.

No comments: