Friday, November 5, 2010

Gypsy Red

I did it - painted one living room wall and one dining room wall Gypsy Red. I meant to paint both rooms red when I moved in, but at the last minute, literally just before Mike was going to the paint store, I panicked. Went with a pale pink, and a pale immitation of what I wanted. Even now I'm dabbling, poking in one toe before stepping into the water. And so far I'm happy. The play of light on the red reflects off on the pink walls, making them look deeper and changing. Every time I glance at the red walls I'm not surprised because I've pictured them in my mind for so long. I have to admit that usually I add a little color saturation to my photos, but the above picture has no tweaking. I will try to get a better and less reflective photo later.

It's turned cold and my body is trying to adjust. Tomorrow, I promise, I'm going to bring a space heater to move between my upstairs office and studio, depending of which I'm in at the moment. And find the controls for my electric blanket, not to mention the blanket itself. My personal theory is that I grew up a little north of here, where there was an actual spring and fall. Here, it seems to just go from summer to winter and my thermostat can't quite keep up.

Which is maybe why I'm a little under the weather. I thought at first it was because of the paint, but it's lingering and today I had almost no voice. Unusual for me, I can't remember that ever happening before. The lucky thing is that whatever it is doesn't seem to make me sick, just congested.

Today at work, the radio was playing Christmas music. Horrible. I never like the work music, but this is worse than usual. Ugh. Of course, I'm also working on Christmas samples, like the quilted postcards below. I thought that postcards needed to be 4" x 6" or smaller, but I followed the directions for these larger one. They'll probably just need more postage than the usual 62 cents. Viking Embroidery Club.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your red wall! Great job!!!!

-Steph

Anonymous said...

The Red is very cheerful - has a friendly feel abut it !
Janice