Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cookie Dough

Tuesday it rained, finally, first time in weeks. I had to call my neighbor and ask him if he'd kick the leaves away from my driveway drain. Leaves on my drain = a wet basement. This morning I swept most of the leaves out of the driveway, so it can rain away.

Tonight I decided to bake some cookies to thank my neighbor and got out the frozen cookie dough from Nora's school. I had pictured little marbles of cookie dough, but it was a tub of dough. Very nice, but just not for tonight. I put in the refrigerator to thaw and turned off the oven. It's snickerdoodle dough, should be excellent when the time comes.

Following Steph's example, I have my tree up. Next step, to cut off the lights. A prelit tree sounded like such a nice thing several years ago, but as the strings stop lighting it isn't so nice. For some reason, the thought of going after it with the wire cutters sounds like a good project. And I got new strings of lights on sale.

I have the binding on my mother's crazy quilt, now just the hanging sleeve to sew on. Almost finished, and like Steph said, it only took 30 years. I'll take some pictures when it's hanging in the church.

No comments: