Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dyeing Today

I put three batches of fabric in dye this morning - managed to rinse one of them out before I left for work. I usually don't let fabrics set in the dye for an entire day, but it was the best I could do today. And, after a while, all the dye that's going to be absorbed is already absorbed.

I got home late tonight and am rinsing out the next batch. I've learned the hard way to not mix colors together on the first rinse. A rinse to me is a washing machine cycle, which is actually two rinses. When all three are rinsed I'll put them together and add a little soap in the next cycle. Then one more to be sure all the dye is rinsed out.

Maybe tomorrow I can show you - green, yellow, and brown. Earth colors.

The picture above isn't fabric - it's dryer sheets. Just enough in each one for a little gauze of color.


No comments: