Friday, April 11, 2008

Pictures of April

Today's postcard

How wonderful to see the flowers of April. Not in my yard, although next year will be different. I've been looking hopefully for a daffodil or hosta shoots or even the pansies I planted last fall. No luck, although there will be peonies in a month or so. But, other places share their beauties with me.

Ever since we moved to Aberdeen and I first saw the combination, I've loved the mix of pink and white dogwoods planted close together. Different places, different landscaping. In Fremont, a redbud tree was a treasured ornamental tree, in Berea they grew wild on the hillsides. In Detroit, flowering crab trees were the tree of choice for suburban front yards.

It's amazing how ornate some of the common flowering trees are.

We're supposed to have rain and cooler weather for the weekend, but surely tomorrow will be a good day to plant lettuce.



2 comments:

Little Lovables said...

I love your work! We are finishing up taxes too :(

Anonymous said...

Wow...such a nice picture...i love flowers and i always take pictures of it in my hands but not as good at this one.