Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More Smokies

Today's postcard

There are certain pictures in the Smokies that are always in my head. They vary somewhat from season to season, but they're always there.

Cades Cove at twilight

Waterfalls
The little homesteads hidden here and there - really, it's a young park, dedicated in 1940.

Mountain roads

At some point, there will be pictures of wild flowers, but for those of you who are tired of this, we'll be moving on to other things tomorrow.
I've started a new part time job today, but I'm going to try to keep up my blogging. I have all the usual new job concerns, like whether I'll be able to keep a good balance and whether I'll be able to learn everything. Along with that, I'm taking four online quilting classes, which is crazy, but I didn't want to miss any of them. One is a shibori dyeing class, one a design class, one a photography class. the other was a bonus class that deals with values and making a scrap quilt with half square triangles. The last one isn't difficult and the last class is this Saturday.
The photography class was helpful if for no other reason that it got me reading my camera manual. It's amazing that no matter how many times you read those things there is always something new tucked in there. I have to admit to being pretty lazy and usually just going with the automatic setting, and my quilt pictures especially really need more. I know I'm not going to set up a photography wall just now, but I've identified the spot and one of these days I'll do it. I plan to paint that room soon - maybe then.




2 comments:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

Connie, did you take those pictures? they are amazing!! love them! and you certainly sound like you are going to be very busy but with great stuff! things are winding down here with classes over, internship ending this week, finals due in the next week, and graduation coming up very soon! :) but i think i will have plenty of other things to keep my busy! ;)

i am slightly jealous of the photography course! that would be a lot of fun! :) i hope you enjoy it!

Jane said...

Looks like you had a great trip... Love to see the fresh green peeking out from everywhere! The Smokies are beautiful...