Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Wrap Up

Today's postcard

Yesterday's Conservatory picture was of the girls on the butterfly bench, since they were the main event. They were more fascinated with the waterfall and the tunnel behind it than they were with the plants, which is as it should be.
The girls found the cacti a little off-putting, with their sharp edges and our advice to not touch.

Several of the orchids were absolutely beautiful,


and it was the second day into the early spring floral show. It runs until March 19, so the plants will be growing and the beds will look more full as the weeks go on. My cousin Ann is coming this weekend, and we plan to go back then.


Saturday night I babysat for Aaron and Nora. I don't know why we thought several weeks ago Aaron's eyes might be becoming less blue.

Nora's singing a song with hand motions - I can't remember the song.

Today I pieced the quilt using the little squares I showed last week. Several months ago I saw a picture I really liked - little blocks of rose pictures mounted in a shadow frame. As I worked today, I realized that the picture has been tucked in the back of my mind and influenced this piecing.






No comments: