Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good hair
For me, an unsettling thing about moving is finding a good hair stylist, so I am really grateful that Steph pointed me toward a place where a couple of her friends go. I got a good cut and good color, just ten minutes from home. I expected to pay more than I paid at the little shop I went to in Berea, and I did, but not crazy more, and I feel really stylish.

On my way home, I stopped at the Artist Day Garden Party at Seventh Street Gifts in Newport. It's an annual afternoon event to celebrate the first days of autumn (how can this be - it's so hot that I'd totally forgotten that fall is here.) The street was blocked off and there were artist booths, plus drummers and other live music and belly dancing. It's a cool and casual shop, too, with the kinds of things I like. They have essential oils, incense, jewelry, pottery, and lots of items with fairies. I got a totally cool Dover coloring book, the Garden Fairy Alphabet, that offers lots of quilting inspiration.

Steph and Mike had neighbors over to watch the Bengals and I appreciated spending Sunday afternoon with that group. It was a good time, even though the Bengals were awful once again.

I put up my camera at Steph's because Nora quickly learned how to turn it on and off and scroll through the pictures. I forgot to bring it home, so the only picture today is one I took yesterday of sweet Aaron at two weeks old.
I laid him in his crib and Steph said it was his first time there. Usually he sleeps in his bassinet, which has music, mobile, and vibrating mattress. No wonder his sister finds electronic equipment quite normal and easy to understand.


No comments: