Saturday, September 1, 2007

September 1, 2007

I went to the farmer's market on Monmouth Street and got corn, eggplant, and summer squash. Next door is the Pepper Pod Restaurant. There were no menus, just a few items on the wall, but it was full and the pancakes were delicious - $3.25. The Cookie Jar Bakery was a few blocks up. They didn't take debit or credit cards, but the beautiful coffee cakes were only $4.25. I picked out blueberry, and the cashier said I could have another for free since they were closing at 3 p.m. so I got a cherry one too.

I looked over the quilting magazines at Barnes and Noble at Newport on the Levee. Since I've moved into my new house a month ago I've been very task-y and am having trouble switching over to a creative mode. I choose a couple of magazines, then walked to Riverboat Row to look at the boats waiting for the fireworks tomorrow night. There were tarps and sleeping bags where people are staking out their spots. I think that if Aaron isn't born tonight, getting us a good view from Christ Hospital, I'll walk down to see the fireworks tomorrow night.

I tried to find St. Theresa's Treasure Trove without any luck. I'll take a different route next time. I feel pretty accomplished that I took three major expressways and drove through downtown Cincinnati, even if Ididn't get where I was going.

The siding went up on the front of the house yesterday and I've been concerned that the cream color looks too yellow. Today it looks better, so either I'm getting used to it or the light is different. I think that one of the problems is that there was burgundy trim before and the roof is burgundy. Once the roof is brown things will look better. It's a relief to not have the white, which was too glaring and the paint was peeling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Connie!
great site!!! did you ever find St. Therese's treasure trove? They moved from downtown a couple years ago... I've been to their new place to get material for my sister in law's quilt. Lemme know if you want to go sometime.

Missed you at the All Girls.... next year!
love the blog.
Helen