Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday, September 14, 2007

Welcome to my home - come on in - part one.




After four years of sewing in my apartment bedroom, I'm delighted to have the studio I've dreamed of. My house has two bedrooms down and two up, and my studio is up, taking it out of the living area.










I have a table for rotary cutting instead of pulling the mat and cutter out from under the bed and doing the cutting on the floor. I'll find other ways to get my exercise. My lovely sister got me the table from my parents' estate. For years it sat in our parents' living room at the bottom of the stairs.




There's a long table for sewing and keeping my threads and other goodies close at hand, and the window is south facing.




My ironing board is close by - no more going down the hall to another room.











After storing my quilting supplies here and there throughout the apartment, I have two dressers for keeping things close and organized. It was getting so that I felt as if I could never find anything.


Shelves, too - this space is great.

Notice the bamboo flooring in the landing, thanks to my fabulous son-in-law. You'll be seeing more of his work as we go. I could never have had such a nice place without him.


















































































No comments: