Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Waiting


 Things are quiet here this morning.  Concrete pour was scheduled for 9:00 but was postponed until tomorrow because it may rain today.  It certainly does look like it will.

I won't be surprised if s the pour is postponed again tomorrow, there's a 50% chance of rain then.  It's ok, we're close to the end.

The drain part of the project worked out better than anyone expected.  The trap part at the beginning was packed tight with mud, no surprise there.  But the clay tiles under the driveway were clear and unbroken.  No sump pump or repair needed there.  And now there is a long trench drain

Sometimes I need to stop and think that the biggest reason for starting all this was the drain repair.  The rest needed to be done too but I could have put it off a little longer and probably might have. 

 That procrastination thing.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

That is SOME project..!!!!! I recall in a book I read that the areas around Ohio were extremely Hilly...Steep Hills. Wow do you have steps!!!!!!