Friday, September 11, 2026

It Starts Today


It starts today.  The big excavator is in the driveway, taking down the old stone retaining walls and removing the concrete on the driveway.  Dirt and concrete all go in the big dumpster trailer.

It's less noisy than I thought it would be.  And bigger, whatever than means.  I knew the project would be big, but maybe I didn't realize just how big.

I'm trying to not consider all the pieces of the project and just look at what's happening now.  These changes are the big ones.  Some of the smaller ones, the repairs, won't even look different when they're finished.

I'm thinking about color of the new block retaining wall.  A pretty tan, I think, would look best with the strange tan-ish brick on the house.  I have a couple of days to decide.  I think the thing to do will be to walk around the neighborhoods and see what other people have done, color-wise.


No comments: