Monday, September 21, 2026

Christmas Wall Hanging


 When I was putting together last year's Moda Blockheads, I left out this large block.  I liked how the quilt looked without it.  Last week some red sashings turned it into a 25" wall hanging or table topper.  

I don't remember where I got the red sashings and backing.  It was a large piece of batik with Christmas designs.  There was also a large piece of green batik that I used for the binding.

It isn't the kind of fabric I might usually buy these days, so I'm guessing that I got it at my neighborhood Hancock Fabrics, back when there was such a thing.  Their Christmas farics would be half off after Christmas.

I was spoiled by that store.  Five minutes from home.  Any sewing notion that you could want, even buttons, even quilting notions, and they were half off on holidays.  The good thread, including serger thread.  And a huge selection of fabrics and trim.

It was a sad day when it closed.  

No comments: