Saturday, September 12, 2026

From the Bag


 An older friend who is no longer sewing gave me a small bag of fabrics she hadn't used.  Included in that bag was a charm pack of fall fabrics, along with a little card with a table runner pattern.

This week I made her project and later today I'll take it to her.  As you might expect from a pattern printed on a little card, it went together quickly.  

I like it because it used all the fabrics in the charm pack.  The pieces left over are duplicates.  Part of the fun of a charm pack is getting to enjoy all those 5" fabrics.

I did buy the background fabric with the tiny acorns and pumpkins, but I found the gold binding fabric in my ridiculously large stash.  I considered, but only for a moment, of seeing how long I can go without buying any fabric.

It would be a good goal, but sometimes, like with this background fabric, the right piece just isn't in my house.

No comments: