Saturday, February 24, 2024

Last One

 


What an amazing thing.  After way too long, all the fish are appliqued on the wall hanging.

This was the last, and one of the prettiest.  And one of the thickest and most rigid.  I couldn't use my quilter for it but the ruler foot on my sewing machine worked fine.  There was also some hand sewing involved for those fish with beading that came up to the edge.

It's an amazing feeling to have come this far.  The wall hanging was supposed to be a Christmas gift but we know how that turned out.  It was one of the things that bothered me in the hospital, the knowing that someone would be disappointed.

But here we are.  What is left now is to outline some of the fish with glittery fabric paint.  I'll need to be patient because the paint takes several hours to dry so I can only do a row at a time.  I don't want any smears.  

Hmmm, that could be a first Wordle word - smear.  I'll try it tomorrow.




No comments: